These terms and conditions apply to all delegate ticket bookings for conferences, congresses, events, exhibitions, forums, one to one meetings, seminars, shows, summits and/or webinars (including virtual events) (each an "Event") held by a member of the CloserStill Group (the "Terms") and for the purposes of these Terms:
(a) "CloserStill Group" means CloserStill Media Limited with company number 05816917 and its registered office at Suite 17, Exhibition House, Addison Bridge Place, London W14 8XP and its subsidiaries and its parent undertakings and the subsidiaries of each parent undertaking, and a member of the CloserStill Group means any of them; and
(b) references in these terms to "CloserStill", "we", "us", "our" means the member of the CloserStill Group holding the Event concerned.
These Terms, and any other terms communicated as part of the booking process, apply to all events held by us in the United Kingdom and Europe. Please read the Terms carefully before making a booking.
- These Terms, and any other terms communicated as part of the booking process (including on the booking form and/or your ticket) together with any other terms in relation to your specific Event, govern the agreement between CloserStill and the person making the booking and/or attending the Event ("you").
- If you are purchasing Event tickets on behalf of other delegates (as part of a group or otherwise), such delegates will also be bound by the Terms and by booking their Event tickets, you agree to provide the Terms to those delegates and to ensure they comply with these Terms.
Booking and payment
- You can purchase and/or request Event tickets on our main website or the relevant Event website, by contacting us using the contact details on our main website or the relevant Event website or onsite at certain Events. If you are purchasing and/or requesting Event tickets on behalf of delegates, you can purchase and/or request Event tickets on our main website, the relevant Event website or by contacting us by phone.
- Submitting an Event booking request does not guarantee your place at an Event. Your place is only secured when we send you your booking confirmation via email to the email address that you have provided as part of the booking.
- Where a fee is required as part of your Event ticket, fees can be paid by credit or debit card on our website or via bank transfer. All invoices for attendance at an Event must be paid within 14 days of the date of the invoice or if sooner, prior to your attendance at the Event.
- Your Event ticket(s) will be emailed to you no later than 2 weeks before the Event. If you have not received your ticket in this timeframe, please contact us using the details on our website or the relevant Event website. Alternatively, you can pick up your Event ticket at the onsite registration desk at the Event venue, subject to producing your Event ticket code, which will be emailed to you.
Cancellation by you
- Your Event ticket fee is non-refundable (this includes for virtual Events) and should you decide that you can no longer attend the Event, we will not reimburse you for any expenses that you have incurred in relation to the Event.
Transfer or substitution of tickets
- You are not permitted to resell or transfer your Event ticket to another individual, or allow another individual to attend in place of the named delegate, without our prior permission.
- If you are no longer able to attend an Event after purchase of an Event ticket, subject to our prior approval, we may be able to transfer the booking to another delegate provided by you, subject to an administration fee.
- If the Event is to be held:
- in person, you must notify us of any changes before the start time shown on your Event ticket; and
- virtually, you must notify us of any changes before the start time shown on your Event ticket and you must not share your access to the virtual Event to another individual without our prior approval.
Rescheduling, replacement, cancellation and amendment by us
- We aim to provide the Events as described but we reserve the right to reschedule, replace, cancel and/or amend an Event.
- We reserve the right to reschedule or replace Events for any reason and at our discretion. Where possible, we will provide you with reasonable notice about the rescheduling or replacement of an Event, however, it is ultimately your responsibility to ascertain whether an Event has been rescheduled or replaced. If we choose to reschedule or replace an Event, we reserve the right to apply your ticket to the rescheduled or replacement Event (including where that is the version of the Event held in a subsequent year) and your Event ticket and associated ticket fee will automatically apply to the rescheduled or replacement Event and you will not receive a refund. If we choose to reschedule or replace an Event, these Terms will apply to the rescheduled or replacement Event.
- If we are unable to reschedule or replace an Event in accordance with clause 5.2, we will cancel the Event and take reasonable steps to notify you by email at least one month before the date of the Event. However, if we have to cancel the Event at short notice due to exceptional circumstances, we cannot guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the Event. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an Event has been cancelled before the date of the Event. We will automatically refund the full price of your tickets to the original booking card plus any booking fees that you incurred. Please allow 90 working days for your refund to be processed. We will not otherwise be liable to you for any expenses, losses or costs that you have incurred in relation to the Event.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change any aspects of an Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, programme, content, format, speakers, venue and timings on the scheduled day. Any such changes do not entitle you to cancel your Event booking or to a refund of any part of your Event ticket booking.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused to or suffered by you as a direct or indirect result of a failure by us to perform any of our obligations in relation to an Event to the extent that the failure is caused by events, circumstances or causes beyond our control.
- Whilst attending an Event, you must behave respectfully towards your fellow delegates and Event staff and comply with:
- all applicable law (including health and safety requirements);
- any instructions given by CloserStill or staff at the venue; and
- the terms and conditions of the venue, relevant website and/or platform.
- You are responsible for your own safety whilst attending an Event. Subject to clauses 12.1 and 12.2 of these Terms, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you. You should also arrange your own insurance cover for attending the Event.
- To enter certain Events and as appropriate, you might be required to provide proof of identification, proof of occupation, proof of membership of a professional body and/or membership number or your student card to receive your Event entry pass.
Whist attending an Event, you must not:
- photograph, film, record or livestream any part of an Event without our prior permission;
- undertake any canvassing, suitcasing, soliciting, leafleting, demonstrations, objectionable behaviour or any other disruptive or unauthorised activity whilst attending an Event;
- conduct any business or marketing whilst attending an Event unless you are registered with us as an exhibitor or sponsor for that particular Event and in that case, you must act in accordance with our separate exhibitor and sponsor terms;
- bring the Event or CloserStill (including any member of the CloserStill Group) into disrepute;
- be prejudicial to the image and/or reputation of the Event or CloserStill (including any member of the CloserStill Group); and
- do anything that would or is likely to endanger other delegates, Event staff or the general public.
- By attending an Event, you acknowledge and accept that we or persons authorised by us (whether acting on our behalf or otherwise) may be photographing, filming, recording or livestreaming an Event and we reserve the right to use photographs, images, sound recordings and video footage taken at the Event and screenshots, chat room content and other content from virtual, social media or similar environments made available by us or on our behalf in respect of the Event in future or other Events and any marketing materials or media including social media which may include, but is not limited to, your name, voice or image.
- Unless otherwise specified or agreed in advance with CloserStill, children under the age of 18 years are not permitted to attend any of our Events.
- If you do not comply with these Terms, we reserve the right to refuse entry and/or remove you from an Event.
Pandemics or epidemics
- You should not attend an Event in person if at the time of the Event you:
- are experiencing or have experienced any Covid-19 (or any other infectious disease) symptoms (as published by the government of the country in which the Event is held or in the country in which you reside) in the last 14 days;
- have come into contact with another individual who has Covid-19 (or any other infectious disease) or is experiencing Covid-19 (or any other infectious disease) symptoms; or
- have been told to self-isolate or quarantine (for example, through the NHS or another approved test and trace app in the country in which the Event is held or the country in which you reside).
- We reserve the right to impose conditions of entry to our Events, where we consider these to be necessary to comply with government rules and guidance in relation to Covid-19 and any other infectious diseases, pandemics or epidemics. This may include undertaking health screening prior to entry of an Event (such as a temperature check) or requiring you to wear personal protective equipment such as masks or other face coverings (unless you are exempt).
- You must follow all government and venue rules and guidance in relation to Covid-19 and any other infectious diseases, pandemics or epidemics at all times when attending our Events. In particular, you should follow the recommended hygiene measures and observe social distancing guidelines. We reserve the right to update the measures in place at an Event without prior notice to you and we also reserve the right to remove any delegates that do not comply with the rules or where we otherwise consider it appropriate in the interest of safety for others attending an Event.
- If you are attending a virtual Event, you will receive joining details via the email address that you provided at least 48 hours before the Event is due to start. Please check your junk and spam emails to check for the joining details. If you have not received the joining details 48 hours beforehand, please contact us using the details on our website or the relevant Event website.
- For our virtual Events, we endeavour to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the relevant website and content but we cannot guarantee that it will be available for the duration of the Event. We are also not liable for any delay or failure to deliver the virtual Event content caused by third parties (such as speakers).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have appropriate equipment, software and sufficient network access to attend a virtual Event.
Intellectual property rights
- We retain all intellectual property rights in relation to our Events including in any content relating to our Events. We may provide a licence to third parties to use content from an Event at our sole discretion.
- You may use content relating to an Event solely for your own personal use and not for resale, distribution or any commercial purposes.
- To facilitate your booking, we will be required to process your personal data including your name and contact details.
- Please note that if you attend an Event in person and your Event ticket or badge is scanned by us when you attend a session as part of the Event, you consent to us sharing your registration details with the session / theatre sponsors. If you attend a virtual Event, you consent to us sharing your registration details with the session / theatre sponsors of sessions that you attend. You can withdraw your consent at any time, by visiting the registration kiosks if you are attending an Event in person, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will send you marketing about our Events and you can opt out of receiving marketing from us at any time using the unsubscribe link or contacting us by email at email@example.com.
Limitation of liability
- Other than as expressly stated in these Terms, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or law, are to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or restrict our liability, including liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation and any matter for which it would be unlawful to exclude or restrict liability.
- Subject to clauses 12.1 and 12.2, we are not liable for:
- loss of profits;
- loss of sales or business;
- loss of agreements or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of use or corruption of software data or information;
- loss of or damage to goodwill; and
- indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to clauses 12.1 and 12.2, our maximum aggregate liability in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any liability for any negligent act or omission) howsoever arising out of or in connection with the performance of our obligations under these Terms shall be limited to the amount paid for the Event ticket.
- The views and materials produced by speakers at Events are their own and we do not recommend, endorse or promote the views, acts or omissions of any speakers or any other attendees at our Events. We are also not liable for any information provided or distributed as part of an Event and it shall not constitute advice and nor should any reliance be placed upon it.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any terms and conditions stated on your ticket and/or booking form, these Terms shall take precedence unless any separate terms and conditions state that they take precedence partially or in their entirety.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between CloserStill and you and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements between CloserStill and you, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time to reflect changes in the law, to meet regulatory requirements or to reflect new industry guidance and codes of practice without providing you with notice. You are advised to review these Terms periodically for any changes. These Terms were last updated on 13 April 2021.
- If you have any questions about these Terms, our Events or any other issues, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post at Suite 17, Exhibition House, Addison Bridge Place, London W14 8XP and by telephone at +44(0)207 348 5250.
- These Terms (including any non-contractual matters arising from or in connection with these Terms) are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with these Terms.